On Thursday the boys turned 2 years old. They definitely act like little 2 year olds, but it is still hard to believe that they are ALREADY 2! Where have those couple years gone? We have all enjoyed them so much in our home. It is fun being the parents to see the love that Jessica and Jocelyn have for their little brothers.
The boys are really into trains lately. So Jared and I decided to take them to the McCormick-Stillman Train Park in Scottsdale, AZ. They have a fun little train that you can ride on, a carousel, and lots of playground equipment to play on. They weren't so sure about the carousel once they were on it, but they loved the train and loved running around the park looking at the trains. We then took them out for lunch where they got their favorite thing...french fries. They discovered that they love dipping them first in ketchup and then ranch dressing. . . "YUMMY"
That night we opened presents. What little boy doesn't love balls and throwing them? So we got them a basketball hoop that they can now hopefully have a constructive place to throw their balls. Friday night we had a little party with our good friends the Bickmores. I spent that day working on their cake. I don't know why, because I have never done one before, but I decided that I was going to make the boys' cake. I had it pretty much done and sitting in the fridge. I came into the kitchen and found that Jayden and Jacob were in the fridge and Jayden had a big handful of cake. Part of the engine was now gone. I tried and patch it up with LOTS
of frosting.
We had been practicing trying to blow out the candles but when the spotlight was on them they didn't perform. Sounds like a typical kid doesn't it? Hopefully they had a great couple days being spoiled rotten. We love you Jacob & Jayden and Happy Birthday.


No comments:
Post a Comment