Jocelyn and I walked down to the park after the storms were over. The water covered all 4 corners of the retention basin. I have never seen the water levels so high at the retention basin. The pictures were taken about 24 hours after the storm. You can tell by the tree trunk how much the water had already receded. Thursday night we had tornado warnings out by our house. The winds and rains came down with much gusto but I am relieved to report that the tornado didn't touch ground here. I heard that one did touch down for a couple seconds about 45 minutes north of our house. Well, thanks to the amount of rain that we received, some roofing company will be getting a lot of money from us when we have them come out and fix the leaks in the roof.
I loved having the rain but I am also like the boys...I am happy to see the sunshine again so that we can go outside and play again.
1 comment:
WoW! that is alot of rain! I have been wanting to call and see how
you were weathering the storm. They
showed pictures of the damage in
cave creek ont he news and I was
hoping your area was spared. glad
the sun is shining again in AZ:)
Post a Comment