Babysitting Night
Many of you already know that we are involved in a babysitting co-op. The co-op works with us and 3 other families. We get all the children 1 time a month then the other 3 weeks Jared and I get to go out on a date without having to pay for a babysitter. We have been doing it with the same families for (correct me if I am wrong) close to 5 years now. I haven't taken pictures of the whole group for quite awhile, but WOW the group has really grown. We started out with 10 kids and we are up to having 16 - 17 kids that come to the group. The group gets together from 6:00 - 10:00 p.m. The kids all have eaten before they come and then just play and have a great time. Even though Jessica is starting to get old enough to watch our kids for a little bit, I still really enjoy being in the group. I know that all the kids love getting together every Friday night and just getting to play and hang out with their friends that they have grown up with. I think that it is great that the kids all love getting together so much. Now I know that 16 kids sounds like a lot at one time, but remember we have done it for 5 years now, so the kids really do just play and have a good time together. We get to watch the kiddos this Friday night, so you'll know where Jared and I will be that night. :)
Some of the kiddos are kind of hidden in the picture, but they are all there except for babby Will who was already in bed. These were all taken during the settling down part of the night where we watch a movie. (Brigham, Porter, Eliza, Lucy, & Will Blackhurst; Evin, Braxton, & Quinlin Harris; Bailey, Berkley, & Austin Bickmore; Luke Gold; Tristen; Jessica, Jocelyn; Jacob, & Jayden Kelm)
Jayden was a little annoyed that I was in his way so that he couldn't see the movie. Berkley Bickmore loves the boys so much...she is usually found with one of them by her!
4 comments:
I am glad to finally see you update your blog!!! Wow, that is a lot of kids but it seems that you always have it under control. Its a trade off to have the other 3 weeks off so you can spend it with Jared. Hope all is going well with you guys! Love you lots!
Babysitting night is so much fun. We have 11 in our group.
I was so glad to have an update on your blog as well...been thinking about you. That babysitting co-op sounds super fun! Wish we had one here. Coming to Utah anytime soon?
Wow, that's a lot of kids!! That is a really good idea! We just may have to come up with something like that too! Good luck!
Post a Comment