Sunday, April 1, 2012

Conference Notebooks

Jocelyn's activity day leader taught the girls how to make General Conference notebooks a couple weeks ago.  The greatest part of these notebooks is that you make tabs for the First Presidency and the Quorum of the 12 Apostles (Jessica and I even made a misc. tab for the other speakers of conference).  Now instead of having little pieces of paper getting thrown away of notes that we take during conference, they can all be in one place.  Jessica and I were so impressed with her notebook that we both decided to make one.  Jessica and I are working on a Personal Progress 10 hour project by taking notes during all the Conference talks (including the YW broadcast).  Jocelyn is also working on a goal that her activity day leaders set for them. 


Jocelyn's Conference Notebook, both front and back.

Jessica's Conference notebook...oops the stamps were too big and she ran out of room for the word conference. 

My conference notebook
The notebooks were so fun for us to make and so easy!  Here are the steps to make your notebook: 
Put glue all over the front cover or the back cover of the notebook.  Don't put glue on the black binding. 
Glue paper down.  Place it so that either the top or the bottom is flush with the notebook. 

Cut off the excess on either the top or the bottom.  Don't throw this paper away! 

Fold over the excess from the side. 

If you want to add any emblishments, like ribbon, this is the time to do so, before you glue down the folded over paper. 

The extra paper that you cut off from the top or the bottom of the notebook is now the perfect size to finish filling in the gap on the inside of the notebook. 


Cut out little tabs and glue them in position in the notebook.  Make sure that you space out the speakers. 


Get a little piece of packing tape and put it over the tab to strenthen it (like lamination).

Finished product of all the tabs. 

1 comment:

Heather K. said...

I really like this idea! I should make one for the next time coference rolls around. And maybe even add a church section so I can take it to church and write down stuff I like in church that is said.