Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bad Day


Can you believe that I ran over this on the freeway?  Can you believe that it wasn't even my car that I ran over it with?  Yes, that was the way my day went a few weeks ago.  My friend Vanessa and I had to swap cars so that she could take the boys somewhere.  I was on my way back to her house when I heard something funny.  I wasn't sure what had happened but I said a little prayer and asked Heavenly Father to help make sure that I got off the freeway safely if something had happened to her car.  Luckily I was already almost to her exit so I got off the freeway.  Sure enough, once the front tire hit the round-about off the freeway I knew then that something had happened to the tire.  Jared came to my rescue to help change the tire and Vanessa came to our rescue with a flashlight so that we could see.  When Jared saw what had happend all he could do was laugh and say that he has never seen anything like that before.  I am so thankful that Heavenly Father heard my prayer and helped me out.  The tire situation could have been so much worse had I still been on the freeway driving 70 MPH.  I am also so grateful that I have such a good friend that still loves me and made me feel so much better about what had happened.   

2 comments:

Keri said...

Yikes! That is scary. Tires can be replaced but people can't. I'm
so glad you are okay my friend.

Amy said...

I love the new set up on your blog, and I'm glad you were OK even though the tire wasn't.