Thursday, March 25, 2010

Temple

After the pizza field trip the boys and I had a few errands to run downtown so we decided to make a stop and go to the Mesa Temple.  It was our lucky day when we arrived because they were starting to set up the big beams of the stage for the upcoming Easter Pageant.  The boys were mesmerized for 20 minutes.  We went into the visitor center so they could see the Christus.  Both Jacob and Jayden wanted to hear the little presentation twice!  They were so excited to come home and tell Jared about how they saw the nail prints in Jesus' hands and feet and they heard Jesus talk to them.  It was such a fun afternoon to spend with the boys.  We should go down there more often for little outings.  I am including the last picture so that I can remember this stage with Jayden.  He is going through the awkward smile stage.  He can smile if he closes his eyes (notice the picture of him while sitting on the fence) or he can make a weird face with his eyes open. 

























3 comments:

Erin said...

What a fun and sweet experience! We live so far away from the temple here (45 mins, ha ha) that we don't get there with the kids very often. I will need to make an effort before this baby comes to take them there!

Katie said...

I can't believe how big the boys are. I miss seeing them everyday in the stroller.
It sounds like you all had a great time and I love the smile pictures.

Amy said...

What a fun pizza outing. I miss being close to a temple too (ours is also 45 minutes away)
You got some great pictures of your cute boys!