Many of you know that I had surgery on my left foot on Thursday May 7th. The doctor went in and tried to clean out a bunch of the arthritis that has been taking over my foot, removed a bunion, removed a bump on the top of my foot and realigned a couple toes and put 2 screws in them. It was quite the procedure. I am not able to put any weight on my foot for 3 weeks and then they will take the stitches out and give me a walking boot where I can have limited weight bearing for the next 3 to 4 weeks. It has only been 1 week in bed so I haven't gotten too bored yet, but I do love it when my kids come upstairs and visit me in my room. It actually has been great because I can't do any of the regular things that a mom does so I am able to just sit back and visit with the kids. That has been one nice thing about this whole adventure. One day the boys must have been needing their momma a little bit because they kept coming up and sitting in bed with me. They brought apples, bananas, applesauce (that Jacob carried up the stairs all by himself), and even chocolate popsicles to share with me in bed. You can only imagine what my sheets looked like by the end of the day. I am able to talk with the girls more now than when I am being the mom trying to get everything done around the house.
I am so grateful for my mother-in-law, Aline, who is staying with us right now until I start to get back on my feet again. She has helped me so much, both with the kids but also with myself. She is definitely getting her exercise going up and down the stairs all the time with water and ice packs for me. I love that she will come up and sit and talk with me during the times that I am not feeling very well. The girls have loved (okay, that may be exaggerating it a little bit...they endure the chores better with their grandma) doing their chores with her. The boys, well, the boys have enjoyed just being themselves. She has been baptized by fire with the antics of 2 year old twin boys.
Mother's Day May 10th, 2009 Jayden decided that he had had enough of hanging out with the family and left right before we took pictures.
Jessica and one of her friends made this cute poster for me. I loved the encouraging words of, We Believe In You and You Can Do It! Thanks Jessica and McKenna for making this poster and having everyone sign it. This was a fun unexpected surprise.
Jacob is showing off all the almonds (my mother's day gift) that he his going to eat. Both Jacob and Jayden were so cute. They would come onto my bed and say nut please. How do I say no to that? I think that I got about 10 almonds out of the entire jar. At least I had food so that the boys wanted to come up and see me.
Jessica, Jacob & JoAnn just hanging out in bed.
Here is the boys enjoying their popsicles in bed with me. Doesn't it look like we are all having such a good time? hehehe
Dr. Freed decided he wanted to pose for the picture with the new foot on Wednesday, May 13th.
Here is the new bandages that are now on my foot. There isn't as much protection so hopefully I can stay away from the boys for a couple days for it to heal just a little bit more before they bump into my foot. Notice how the toes are the same color as the bandage. (That was not done on purpose, but it does make for a pretty foot!)







3 comments:
Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! That looks so
painful. I wish I could be there
to help you out. I would love to
come sit on your bed with you
and talk and eat popsicles. I could have taken pictures of you
on your pain meds and told you
funny stories....or even cleaned for you. I miss you!
I'm praying for a more speedy recovery now! You had me really
worried my friend....Take Care.
We Love You!!!
Your foot looks painful! I hope you are recovering well.
Popsicles in bed...yum!
Oh no! I'm scared now! I have to get bunion surgery on June 18th on my right foot. They told me I would only be non weight bearing for a week? But I will have a boot and all for awhile. I'll have to call you and get some tips! How long are you on pain meds for afterwards?
Post a Comment