Jocelyn was so excited that it was her birthday. I hope that we made her feel as special as what my parents always did when it was my birthday. You would have thought that I was the best mom in the whole world when I took donuts into her classroom.
When the girls turn 8 they get to decide if they want to get their ears pierced. So Wednesday when Jocelyn got home from school I took her down to the mall to get her ears pierced. I felt like I was signing my life away when she was getting her ears pierced. You have to show you ID and sign about 6 spots and initial other spots. WOW! Jocelyn was very brave and didn't cry at all, but when the lady was getting ready to do the 2nd ear, Jocelyn said, "Stop, I just need 4 seconds." We started laughing so hard, because when was the last time you heard someone say, I just need 4 seconds. Afterwards she was asked if she felt any older and she informed us that she "felt like she was 9 or 10." She looks beautiful and loves taking care of her earrings (sometimes a little too much!)
Jocelyn's before shot.

Here is Jocelyn getting the dots drawn on her ears. I hope that they are even!

She had her "4 seconds" so she was ready to go ahead with the 2nd ear!

After shot! Beautiful!!!!

Jocelyn got to invite a friend to go out to dinner with us that night. Sydney Cornell came with us to Organ Stop Pizza. We didn't get the best seats to be able to see the organ, but the girls all still had a really good time. Afterwards we came home and had some cake and ice cream with our neighbors. I think all in all it was a fun successful day!
Jocelyn & Sydeny Cornell

Jocelyn with her newest addition to her Webkinz family.

Sydeny & Jocelyn at Organ Stop Pizza.

Do you see a theme this year for Jocelyn?

Happy Birthday Jocelyn! We hope that you made a good wish!
2 comments:
She is such a doll! I love the "4 second" thing. Happy birthday Jocelyn!
How did I not see this post? I decided to check back on older posts and sure enough I did miss one. That is so funny about the '4 seconds'. That sounds just like Jocelyn to me. Happy Birthday Jocelyn!!!
Post a Comment